These terms and conditions apply between you, the User of this Website (including any sub-domains, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions), and Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd , the owner and operator of this Website. Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they affect your legal rights. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of the Website. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you should stop using the Website immediately.
In these terms and conditions, User or Users means any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services.
You must be at least 18 years of age to use this Website. By using the Website and agreeing to these terms and conditions, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
Intellectual property and acceptable use
- All Content included on the Website, unless uploaded by Users, is the property of Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd , our affiliates or other relevant third parties. In these terms and conditions, Content means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Website, including any such content uploaded by Users. By continuing to use the Website you acknowledge that such Content is protected by copyright, trademarks, database rights and other intellectual property rights. Nothing on this site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademark, logo or service mark displayed on the site without the owner’s prior written permission
- You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following:
- retrieve, display and view the Content on a computer screen
- download and store the Content in electronic form on a disk (but not on any server or other storage device connected to a network)
- print one copy of the Content
- You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd .
- You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is confidential, proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of “spam.” You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
- You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all the rights to the Content you post; that the Content is accurate; that use of the Content you supply does not violate any provision of these terms and conditions and will not cause injury to any person; and that you will indemnify Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd for all claims resulting from Content you supply.
- You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
- in any way which causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or interferes with any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Website;
- in any way which is harmful, unlawful, illegal, abusive, harassing, threatening or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable law, regulation, governmental order;
- making, transmitting or storing electronic copies of Content protected by copyright without the permission of the owner.
- You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
- You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
- We may suspend or cancel your registration with immediate effect for any reasonable purposes or if you breach these terms and conditions.
- You may cancel your registration at any time by informing us in writing to the address at the end of these terms and conditions. If you do so, you must immediately stop using the Website. Cancellation or suspension of your registration does not affect any statutory rights.
Password and security
- When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
- If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
Links to other websites
- This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd or that of our affiliates.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
- The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Availability of the Website and disclaimers
- Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
- Whilst Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
- Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
- Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd reserves the right to alter, suspend or discontinue any part (or the whole of) the Website including, but not limited to, any products and/or services available. These terms and conditions shall continue to apply to any modified version of the Website unless it is expressly stated otherwise.
Limitation of liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions will: (a) limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury resulting from our or your negligence, as applicable; (b) limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (c) limit or exclude any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
- any business losses, such as loss of profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, business, contracts, goodwill or commercial opportunities;
- loss or corruption of any data, database or software;
- any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Lighthouse Estate Agents aims to provide a professional standard of service to all clients. To ensure that we maintain these standards and treat clients fairly, we have a two-stage complaint procedure. We will always strive to deal with your complaint quickly at Stage One. However, if it is clear the matter will need a more detailed investigation, we will tell you and keep you updated on our progress.
Clients can register a complaint, comment or compliment with full contact details, by:
- Phone 01623 753123
- In writing or by email at Anne Wright, 55 Station Street, Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Nottinghamshire NG17 7AN email@example.com
- In person, by a member of staff completing in writing on the client’s behalf
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within three working days.
- We aim to respond to your complaint within ten working days from receipt. If we are unable to do this we will advise you of the delays and keep you updated on progress.
- If you are dissatisfied with our response at stage one, you can ask us to consider your complaint at stage two.
- We will look at your complaint at stage two if you indicate in writing that you are dissatisfied with the response you have received at stage one.
- We will endeavour to acknowledge receipt of your request to move to stage two within three working days.
- We aim to respond to your complaint at stage two within ten working days from receipt of your request. If we are unable to do this we will advise you of the delays and keep you updated on progress. We will provide you with a final written statement, and if applicable, an offer as to further action intended to satisfy the matter.
- If you are dissatisfied with our response at stage two, we will advise you of your right to contact our independent redress scheme.
- Our complaints procedure must be followed before our independent redress scheme will consider your complaint.
Independent Redress Scheme The Property Ombudsman Scheme for Residential Sales and Lettings. Our Membership Number D02304
For advice or help with making a complaint you may call or write to The Property Ombudsman Scheme for Residential Sales and Lettings.
Address: The Property Ombudsman, Milford House, 42-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 2BP
Telephone: 01722 333306 Facsimile: 01722 332296
- You may not transfer any of your rights under these terms and conditions to any other person. We may transfer our rights under these terms and conditions where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
- These terms and conditions may be varied by us from time to time. Such revised terms will apply to the Website from the date of publication. Users should check the terms and conditions regularly to ensure familiarity with the then current version.
- The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to these terms and conditions and no third party will have any right to enforce or rely on any provision of these terms and conditions.
- If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd details
- Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 05878430 whose registered address is 55 Station Street, Kirkby-In-Ashfield, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG17 7AN and it operates the Website www.lighthouse-estateagents.co.uk.
- The registered VAT number can be obtained on request.
You can contact Lighthouse Estate Agents Ltd by email on firstname.lastname@example.org..